SimpleTire is a B2B technology-enabled platform that connects all the participants in the tire industry to drive better consumer experience and improve efficiencies. Manufacturers, distributors, tire installers, national retailers, clubs and fleets all engage on the SimpleTire platform to help deliver an improved experience to the online consumer – all the way from researching to buying to installing tires.
Proprietary technology, actionable data insights and unique talent all relentlessly focus on reinventing tire replacement to make it “way simple, way better.” The company’s business model links tire manufacturers, tire distributors, national retailers, and 20,000+ installation partners across the country into one seamless e-commerce network, providing consumers access to an unparalleled inventory of tires from hundreds of brands and an all-in-one tire replacement experience. SimpleTire sells tires in all categories, including Passenger, Light truck, Commercial, Agriculture, OTR, Industrial, ATV, Antique, and various specialties. Three primary sales channels include:
1. Direct to Consumer business led by our flagship site (simpletire.com),
2. B2B channel servicing national retailers and clubs, and
3. Fleets and special programs with installers and distributors
One of the fastest-growing companies in the tire industry, SimpleTire has been recognized as the best place to work for 2 years in a row. It is our commitment to creating an inclusive and highly collaborative work environment that facilitates the sharing of new ideas. A special family-like culture that celebrates diversity and brings together experts in technology and the tire industry in an agile, fast-paced environment filled with innovation.
SimpleTire partnered with Dealer Tire in 2018 and has grown more than 3x since then. SimpleTire currently operates as part of the Dealer Tire Family of Companies.
For more information, please visit: www.simpletire.com.
About Dealer Tire
Dealer Tire was formed out of a family business that was founded in 1999 by the then owners of the former Mueller Tire & Brake, a Cleveland-based retail chain founded in 1918. Today, Dealer Tire’s core business manages replacement tire and parts programs for more than 20 automotive OEMs in the U.S. and China. It serves more than 8,000 automotive dealerships from nearly 40 distribution centers across the U.S. Dealer Tire’s enterprise also includes leaders across the automotive reconditioning, ecommerce and vehicle protection & warranty industry segments through its family of companies. In October 2018, Dealer Tire announced a significant investment in the Company by Bain Capital Private Equity..
For more information about Dealer Tire, visit www.dealertire.com.
About Bain Capital Private Equity
Bain Capital Private Equity pioneered the value-added investment approach. Bain Capital partners with management teams to help build and grow great companies. Bain Capital’s success is built on a highly rigorous approach utilizing deep industry/company insights and a significant investment in the resources and expertise to drive strategic and operational transformation at our companies.
The Bain Capital global team, which now operates in eleven offices on four continents, has made more than 1,100 primary and add-on investments that have generated consistently strong returns. Collectively, more than 10 percent of our private equity funds’ commitments come from our professionals, far in excess of industry convention and reflective of both our strong principal investor mentality and confidence in our ability to generate industry-leading returns.
For more information, please visit https://www.baincapitalprivateequity.com.
The Director Of Logistics will report directly to the VP Of Logistics in the Supply Chain department and will play a critical role in managing, expanding, and negotiating with SimpleTire’s carrier network design. Through contract negotiations, you will build a network that can support the first mile, middle mile, and last mile by utilizing analytics, technology, and both existing and new partnerships within the industry.
In addition, the Director Of Logistics will start up to optimize SimpleTire’s claims department while also driving operational excellence across our supply network. This includes but is not limited to performance claims, B2B claims, carrier claims, and supplier claims.
Essential job functions:
Developing A State Of The Art Carrier Network Design
● Creating an expanded solution to the first mile, middle mile, and the last mile
● Negotiating rates with existing and potential new carrier partners
● Leveraging transportation opportunities with our supply partners and their fleet of vehicles
● Developing a lineup of Freight Partners to support LTL and FTL
● Enhancing our tools through internal and external technology enhancements
Driving Operational Excellence from our Carrier Partners
● Partnering with our operations team and supplier base to coordinate pickups and additional equipment from our carrier partners
● Manage on-time shipping and on-time delivery metrics for each carrier
● Work closely with finance to support any invoice or billing issues/corrections
● Expand on the existing carrier claim process in place to support a more efficient operation and flow
● Collaborate with key internal stakeholders around peak season planning
Building a Best-In-Class Carrier Data Insights Program
● Working closely with Analytics to build out an auditing platform
● Partnering with Finance to enhance our forecasting models around shipping expenses
● Expanding on how we communicate with our carriers to enhance the information shared with our customers to enhance their experience
● Leveraging existing data points to present our carriers with a performance scorecard
● Expanding on an existing dispute platform across our carrier network and our B2B partners
● Developing a supplier dispute process across our return dataset Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
● Carrier Network Expansion and Development Expertise
● Experience managing transportation operations for a shipper of large volume (specifically FedEx)
● Comfort and flexibility in a fast-paced, evolving environment
● Experience leading a team
● Project Management experience
● LTL and Freight experience
● 3-5 years experience in a related area
● Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Requisite experience
● Intermediate to advanced competency using data analysis tools including Excel and SQL, and familiarity with visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
● Able to communicate via PowerPoint to drive projects and insights to better the business
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
● This role requires a results-driven, logistical expert who is a team builder and strategist with the ability to leverage business and consumer data and insights to create a first-in-class carrier network. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial and independent thinker with a leadership and work style characterized by agility and ingenuity.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
● Ability to sit for long periods of time.
● Talking through the computer for many meetings and one-to-one conversations
● Continuous viewing of a computer monitor and data entry.
● Travel as necessary (<10%).
Powered by JazzHR
You must sign in to apply for this position.
The activities will help you to apply remote jobs high efficiency, do onlne remote job interview and discuss remote job informations